4.05.2011

It's been a while...

I have been a bad blogger this winter. There is nothing I love more than having this little visual journal going and seeing the creativity of all my favorite bloggers who I follow, so I am determined to keep it alive. However, as my friend and I were saying, the California blogger girls (who I adore) have an unfair advantage. It's called sun. Style blogging through the dreary months of Portland's rainy Winter (and often Spring) is not an easy task, but as Spring is poking its head through the clouds these days, thoughts of photography and style blogs are running through my head. For my first post back in months I thought I would just give you all a little photo update of what I've been up to. I'll get back to style soon. 


 Enjoyed a fall of pumpkins and candy apples. 


Caught a beautiful moment of wind blowing the leaves off of this tree. 



Made it to the east coast for my sister's wedding! Second photo by Gabe Aceves. :)


 Went beer tasting in Portland. Favorite pick: Rogue's Hazelnut Brown Nectar. Yum. 


Ran around the lit-up zoo in the freezing rain. 


Took some fun photos. 


Went skiing for the first time since I was 13. 


Saw a triple rainbow at Crown Point. Can you see it???


Played with long exposures. 


Reveled in Oregon's beauty even in the cold. 


Tried a photography art project with milk, dishsoap, and food coloring. 


Went to Las Vegas for work to cover the craziness that is CES (the consumer electronics show). 


Went to the Polaroid announcement at CES and took this photo of Lady Gaga. 


Made a minty green cowl. 


Made a new kitty friend named Eva. 


Got a job, moved to a new neighborhood, left the nest, joined a gym, got my own health insurance. Pretty much made my way to a semi-adult stage of life. Gotta grow up sometime, right?

My best friend Rachel has just started her new blog and is largely responsible for inspiring me to return to my little online home here. Check out her blog Object Log for cuteness and beautiful photos!

xoxo


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah! You've been busy...

Sarah Helfgott said...

Great photos! It's true that fashion photography is a little harder in Portland, but I always think of the bloggers in New York and how they have it worse than us (weather-wise, not fashion-wise)!

Anyway, with the return of spring I'm excited to see where your blog takes you this season! Your photos are truly beautiful. :)

Sarah