7.19.2011

Have/Want


H&M jeans and blouses, Aldo Pouche Mid Wedge, Super Lucia sunglasses, Swedish Hasbeens Super High Clog

So, in my latest fashion risk (I tend to be fond of those, hello rompers!), I purchased the above high-waisted, wide-leg jeans from H&M. I've been looking for a great pair of high-waisted 70s style jeans for a while, and this pair fit pretty perfectly, so I took the plunge. I've gotten so used to wearing exclusively skinny jeans in recent years that it feels a little strange to pull on such a loose-leg pair. I am also "blessed" (ha) with hips and a butt, so dark wash skinnies are probably the most flattering choice, but I couldn't resist the fun 70s vibe of this pair, even with the lighter wash and hip-hugging cut. I'm not taking the tags off until I try them on with a few more things at home, but I think I'm going to like them.

Luckily, I have the above white blouses to pair these babies with, but I can think of a few other things that would elevate the wide-leg jean look even more. I kind of die over those Super Lucia sunglasses, and I love the color of the coral blouse as a change-up to white. While I recently found a nice pair of dark brown clogs, I'm still coveting a nude pair of Swedish Hasbeens like this pair. The Aldo wedges look like a practical interpretation of the Kork-Ease Ava sandals that I have also recently been lusting for. Hopefully I will have a successful outfit post with these new jeans soon, provided everything goes well.

xoxo

Kelly

Follow kellymontgomery on Twitter

bloglovin

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i have those hasbeens and i wore em today! my rents got them for me fr my bday... get them youll never ever regret it!!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

hillary said...

Ahhhh, I want those clogs so bad as well!
I've been blessed with hips and a butt too but H&M jeans never seem to fit right on me, sad because the wide legs are such a great style for a bargain.

tessa said...

that coral blouse is so pretty!

couturelust.com

The Cat Hag said...

Love your picks, especially the coral top and those pretty clogs! :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag